Did you know you can incorporate CBD into your Thanksgiving meal?
Well, why wouldn’t you?!
CBD works well with just about anything – from oil and gummies to water and coffee… so it just makes sense that something as adaptable as CBD could make it onto your dinner table (and not just as brownies!)
Yep, it’s true.
How about we show you some recipes you could use to try it out?
CBD Turkey Gravy
What’s Thanksgiving without gravy?
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 600 ml of chicken stock (including juices from roasted meat)
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (mix well in a tablespoon of hot water)
- Salt and pepper
- 20 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onions in butter for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves and saute for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding fresh rosemary and fresh sage. Cook for an additional 5 minutes while stirring continuously without burning the ingredients.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil before lowering the heat and covering. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Before adding to the gravy: Mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch into 1 tablespoon of hot water and mix well to ensure a nice slurry with even consistency. Add to the gravy and whisk thoroughly and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- If gravy is not thick enough: repeat step 5 until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Melt 10 g of butter in a bowl and add 20 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil and mix thoroughly. Add to the gravy and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Wholegrain mustard is an optional extra for added flavor.
(Thanks to Candid for this recipe!)
What about some CBD infused marinade for your turkey?
Lemon Herb CBD Turkey Marinade
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper more if you like things spicy
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried celery seed
- 1/2 cup CBD infused olive oil (we will explain how you can do this)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In an electric spice mill or coffee grinder, finely grind together all the dry ingredients: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, bay leaves, thyme, sage, and celery seed until mixture is a fine powder.
- Combine finely ground seasonings with remaining ingredients in a small bowl or food processor and process or whisk together until well combined and emulsified.
- Fill a meat injector syringe with the marinade to inject the meat with flavor and CBD about 4 hours prior to deep frying or roasting the turkey.
(Thanks to DiscoverCBD for this recipe!)
CBD Infused Olive Oil
- 4 g CBD powder
- 8 oz (120ml) olive oil
- One pot, one heat-resistant glass
- Put the desired amount of oil in the heat-resistant glass and place the glass in a pot of water on the stove.
- Keep the heat low just so that the oil in the glass warms up.
- Once the oil is warm, add 4 grams of your CBD powder to the oil.
- Stir occasionally until the liquid becomes clear (not cloudy). This should take around 5 minutes.
- Et voila! CBD infused olive oil.
The last recipe’s the charm, huh? ‘Cus there’s always room for dessert!
CBD Infused Apple Pie
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks cubed butter (cold)
- 10-20 drops CBD Oil
- 8 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 ½ lb granny smith apple(1 kg), cored, sliced, peeled
- ¾ cup sugar(150 g)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix with a fork until combined.
- Add in cubed butter and break up into flour with a fork.
- Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. If the dough is too dry then add more ice water.
- Add your chosen amount of CBD Oil (10-20 drops at a low strength for better flavor).
- Work the dough together with your hands and turn out onto a surface. Work into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate.
- Peel the apples, then core and slice.
- In a bowl, add the sliced apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice from the lemon. Mix until combined and all apples are coated.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/200°C.
- On a floured surface, cut the pie dough in half and roll out both halves until round and about ⅛-inch/3 mm thick. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges.
- Pour in apple filling mixture and pat down.
- Roll the other half of dough on top. Trim the extra dough from the edges and pinch the edges to create a crimp. Make sure edges are sealed together.
- Brush the pie with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut four slits in the top of the pie to create a vent.
- Bake pie for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
(Thank you CBDTesters for this recipe!)
Isn’t Thanksgiving about the beautiful harmony of friends, family, food, and flavor? CBD will help make the whole event chiller – no talking about politics at the dinner table, you’ll all be enjoying the great experience of being together. Now that’s something to be grateful for.
Want to check out some products you could use for your Thanksgiving meal?
Here’s our list so you can make yours, and check it twice – Christmas is just around the corner, too.
We wish you the happiest Danksgiving.